"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Thursday 15 May 2008

Left-Over Lunch

A few days ago I made a simple chicken curry for dinner. Nothing special just something a little tasty to have with some rice. No matter what quantities I use I ALWAYS have left-overs. I do like left-overs. Left-overs are fabulous when you've been hard at it all day; feel far too tired to cook; but would like something delicious to eat. However, eating curry and rice four days in a row can become a little same-y. A bit of frozen puff pastry and voila - tasty curry pies. Great for lunch with a fresh garden salad. It did occur to me that they would freeze very well, alas, there were none left to freeze after my friend and neighbour got to them! I must remember to do these again.


Into the oven:

Out of the oven:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yum. What a great idea to use muffin tins to make these. Your whole blog is filled with amazing work!