"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Sunday 6 July 2008

Scarf is done!

The scarf is done! About two miles long, a bit skinny and a little stiff.....but the colours are gorgeous..and it is my first born.


I already have a second scarf on the loom. Red chenille from my stash....shorter, wider, and softer.....fingers crossed!??

Am planning for a knee rug in three panels.....wool from my stash and some hand spun. When I start depends largely on the outcome of the second scarf. Weaving is just about as addictive as spinning. This is so much fun.

No comments: