"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Friday 1 August 2008

On spinning alpaca!

This weekend I'll be back to spinning. I think I'm entering a hand spun challenge. I say "I think" because I'm not sure I'll have enough time, the deadline is 11th August and I'm not sure my weaving is as yet good enough. The challenge is to weaving this "Spaced Out Felted Scarf" from handspun yarn. I have some handspun alpaca that I did a while ago from a lovely girl from the Almaray Alpaca Stud, which I'm hoping will be suitable.


But I'll need to spin another yarn to team it with. I have some gorgeous alpaca from a big boy called "Kineki" of the Malakai Alpaca Stud which I think will probably go very nicely. Its a fave colour of mine.....a very pinky roan. Soft and delicious.....it reminds me of marshmallows and is a dream to spin.


Roll on yummy weekend!


1 comment:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

I can't believe that I have found another crafter that lives so close to me. I live in the same suburb as you, it really does to pay to search around ravelry, you never know what or who you might find.
Cheers Cat.