"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Wednesday 27 August 2008

Fairies at the bottom of my garden!


I feel blessed!....
A gift from my over-the-road neighbour! I was admiring her beautiful roses, many months ago, when they were all in bloom. I mentioned to her that when I was a small child we had a particularly beautiful miniature rose growing in our front garden; a Cecil Brunner rose.

I believed fairies lived in that rose bush. And when I was little I'd pick the tiny, perfect, delicate, pink flowers and put them in one of my Mum's tiny crystal vases; and they'd sit in the sunshine atop the huge chest of drawers in my bedroom.

I have those crystal vases of Mum's in my cupboard, and now I shall have fairies in my garden again!



This is the climbing version of the small bush that gave a small child so much joy.



Thank you Norma my friend....I am blessed to have you as my neighbour!

No comments: