"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Apricots and Raspberries

A weekend away at Phillip Island; was gorgeous; and gave me an opportunity to get started on some knitware designing.

Palest fawn Cria Alpaca hand spun to sport weight. Isn't it gorgeous....don't you just want to dive into it? It was so delicious to spin.


And dyed in shades of Raspberry, Pink and Coral:


Then knitted.....a fine wool, long line, classic cardigan with a fitted waistline; classic set-in sleeves; a round neck line; and, buttoned through with delicate, iridescent, shell buttons.


Amazingly soft.....I plan to wear this with a black crushed velvet tank, black skirt or trousers and I think I may have to create a jewelled choker in raspberry, pink and coral. More pics when its finished.


1 comment:

Sara said...

Jan- that yarn is beautiful! I'm so amazed at all the work you do, but this is incredible(I love the colors!)! Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see more pictures!!