"Every night, just when the dark was softest and sleep was deepest, there came a loud noise from the end of the great room. It came from the place where the loom and spindle stood, where by day the grandmother spun and the mother wove."

from "The Spindle Imp" by Alida Sims Malkus

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Luscious Things!

Oh Yum!
I'm in receipt of a couple of parcels of lovely goodies. The first is a luscious gift of handspun yarn and a gorgeous little handmade notebook, a pay-it-forward gift, courtesy of Spinning a Yarn. Thank you Jess.....its all so lovely. YUM!

Now I get to pay it forward. giggle
This how it works: I send a handmade gift to 3 people, each of whom will send a gift to 3 people etc.…etc…. if you would like it to be you send me an email! My email link is on my profile page.

And then there were these:
Six sets of little Brittany Birch DPNs (only 3 sets shown), all wrapped up in some lovely wool for spinning.....they needed cushioning you see..... giggle
The delicate little darlings!
Thank you soooo much kniterarygirl! The puss cat approves too.

Oh....and its official!
A cat scan of my head has revealed that I dooo actually have a brain. .....giggle
I must say, I did have my doubts; this comes as something of a relief. .....Phew!


No comments: